The response times on my site have been getting gradually worse over time, and I’ve simply been unhappy with the service I’ve gotten from my shared host; so, I’ve moved my site to an EC2 instance. A plus to this, is that I’ll finally be able to start keeping my prototype and sandbox wikis up to date, and in proper demo mode. Expect to see some Semantic MediaWiki demos, and demos of some of my newer extensions.
I’ve taken some of the knowledge I’ve learned from working as a consultant for the Wikimedia Foundation to set my wikis up like a farm so that I can quickly add and remove sandboxes for targeted demos. I’ll write up some later blog posts explaining how you can set up a wiki farm.